Saturday, November 16, 2013

Agent Websites and Why Every Ageny Should Have One

In this blog post I wanted to talk about agent websites and my opinion and experience with Zillow's Premier Agent Websites.

As far as Agent websites go I believe that most of us have at least one, maybe two. Since most larger real estate companies provide their agents with a website or page, some may not feel the need for additional sites or pages. However, I feel differently on this.

Company Provided Websites
If you are strictly using a company provided website or web page I recommend obtaining a website of your own for many reasons. If you put all your time and marketing into a website the company provides you, what happens if you switch companies? Most likely, you will lose your website. So all that time you spent doing SEO (search engine optimization) and advertising is gone! I'm a firm believe of NOT putting all your ducks in one basket. Usually these websites do provide great lead management and organization, but they aren't the only resource provided out there as far as agent websites go.
I thinks it important for agents to have their own websites for the sole purpose of having complete ownership of the site. Many company provided websites market the company more so than the agent. When you have your own website you can choose the layout and content.

My experience with Zillow and Agent Websites
I use a combo of Zillow Agent Premier Website and the website my company provides me. I was weary of using Zillow at first, but after finally setting up my site I'm glad I did. Zillow makes it very easy to set up your website, edit and change things around. The templates they provide you are fresh and clean looking. There are many of widgets and extras to add to your site as well. For only $10.00 a month I feel its a great tool to use and promote your business. You also get to pick one free domain name and you do not have to worry about bandwidth like other website providers package.
I also use the web page my company provides me. It's free and adds extra exposure to my business. I don't add content to it as much as my Zillow site because this site isn't on my business card nor do I advertise it. I do however have my company provided website set up to direct visitors to my main website.

What do you use for your website provider? What works and what doesn't?
I would enjoy hearing what everyone is using for their agent website, whats working out and what hasn't. Please comment!


- See more at: http://activerain.com/blogs/rrussellneo#sthash.jCiYzsiO.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment